Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feb. 29, 2012: New Trainer is a Sadist!

Well, maybe that's a bit extreme.  When I met him tonight or the first time, my fitness trainer introduced himself by telling me he likes to hurt people and he actually derives great pleasure out of it.  Okay, so maybe not so extreme.  I thought of running out the door at that very moment.  But I fearfully chose to stay.  I have to say, I haven't had a workout like that in a long time.  I literally felt like my arms were ready to fall off when I was done, lol.  But I was amazed at how positive I really did feel both physically and emotionally when when the workout was over.  One thing good about having a young trainer like my new friend is that if I whine or feel fatigued, he expects me to work through it.  One thing bad about having a young trainer is that when I whine or feel fatigued, he expects me to work through it.   I learned that I have to balance being  assertive by letting younger trainers know the physical limitations of a forty-somthing year-old's joints, with really listening to them when they say, "Work through it.  You can push through this."  It didn't kill me to work my muscles to the point of exhaustion. And I really do feel great!  I like my new trainer. 

Getting back to the gym felt really good this evening.  It feels like it has been too long.  In reality, I completed 40 minutes of cardio on Sunday (three days ago).  It's interesting how you miss it when you get used to it.  I was also on too long of a streak where I wasn't eating right.  When I get a good workout in in the evening, I find that I am much less likely to eat the wrong foods.

Enjoying a salad tonight with salmon.  Then going to relax for an hour before bed.

Glad to be back!  Have a restful evening!   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to join this site!
Click on the "Join This Site" link on the right hand side, under the heading "Followers".


Read more about the 90-Day Challenge!


Also, don't forget that you can post YOUR GOALS HERE
Click HERE for additional Weight/Nutrition/Health resources.
Click HERE for Hep C resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment