Sunday, February 5, 2012

Feb. 5, 2012: Game Plan!

Today I have to come up with a game plan.  I thought this an appropriate title for Superbowl Sunday.  My evenings are the worst in regards to temptation.  So tonight, before giving in to any sort of snacking, I will drink hot tea.  In fact, I will have to drink 3 cups of herbal tea (or 2 cups of tea and 1 very tall glass of water) before I can give in to snacking temptations.
I am also going to make one of the recipes I found in the January/February edition of Clean Eating magazine: Chicken Soup with Sweet Potatoes, Kale & Mushrooms.  Let's see if my version turns out as well as the picture in the magazine looks:      
(Photo: Clean Eating Magazine, January/February, p. 45)

I will have to come back here later today and post a picture of my version.  I'm picking up a digital camera today, so that will be my first photographic test.  ;>)

I hope you all come up with a game plan today for the thing that tempts you away from your goals the most.  Happy Superbowl Sunday!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evening:  Well, I had a pretty good day.  Started out with a breakfast of oatmeal with raisins, cranberries, flax seed, cinnamon, nutmeg, and almond milk.  I did manage to get to the gym shortly before the Superbowl started.  It was like a ghost town there!  I'm sure most people were getting ready for the big game.  I put in 30 min on the treadmill and then worked out on the resistance machines.

Lunch consisted of a yogurt smoothie, made with a banana, mixed berries, vanilla yogurt, ice, & Silk almond milk.  
For a snack in the early evening, I had fresh hummus from Whole Foods and a whole wheat naan.
 
I did pick up my new camera, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.  I'm looking forward to playing with my new digital toy.  While out & about at Whole Foods, I picked up my fresh kale, cremini mushrooms, chicken, sweet potatoes, etc. and made the Clean Eating soup recipe:
It's not quite as pretty as the magazine photo, but I've got to say, for a really healthy recipe, this soup was quite tasty.  I've never made a chicken soup with kale & sweet potatoes before.  It's loaded with beta-carotene, an anti-oxidant which gets converted to vitamin A in the body.  "Vitamin A promotes good vision, especially in low light" (Medline Plus).  Vitamin A is good for the bones, teeth, skin, soft tissues, and immune system, and, according to Medline, may even reduce the risk for cancer.  But aside from that, the soup was quite satisfying.

I'm looking forward to the week!  Planning on getting to bed before midnight!  Sleep well all! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to join this site!
Click on the "Join This Site" link on the right hand side, under the heading "Followers".

Read more about the 90-Day Challenge!

Also, don't forget that you can post YOUR GOALS HERE

Click HERE for additional Weight/Nutrition/Health resources.
Click HERE for Hep C resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment