Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 8, 2012: Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.

"Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye,
Not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues
(Shakespeare, Love's Labours Lost, 1588). 

Beauty comes in all forms, shapes, and sizes.  Corny, huh?  But it's so true.  I watched a segment on Dr. Oz the other day about anorexia and how some young women try so desperately hard to fit the unrealistic beauty "mold" personified in the media.  Their bodies transformed into frail, unhealthy looking skeletons.  It's a sad situation.  They are dying trying to be like somebody else.  If only these young ladies (and men) could have embraced the differences they embodied and learned to love who they are.  Personalities and those little idiosyncrasies are what makes us unique and beautiful.  So embrace those freckles, or gap between the teeth, or quirky smile; embrace that unique body shape and bone structure; embrace everything about you that makes you who you are.  You are, beautiful.  But if you don't recognize it, how are others going to?

I worked out for an hour yesterday; 30 minutes of which was with my trainer.  Okay, he's not so bad after all.  I am getting used to his style.  He really pushes me.  At the same time, he listens to me if I am starting to feel too much strain.  I am always a little worried working my back, as I have had a slipped disk in the past and don't want to re-injure it and be out of commission for a while.  My trainer reminded me, as has my doctor, that I still need to work on the back.  I can't be so fearful that I neglect it.  Those muscles need to be strengthened so that it helps prevent further injury.  So I'm going about it with a different mindset.

Okay, time to head to work.  Have a great Thursday!        
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to join this site!
Click on the "Join This Site" link on the right hand side, under the heading "Followers".


Read more about the 90-Day Challenge!


Also, don't forget that you can post YOUR GOALS HERE
Click HERE for additional Weight/Nutrition/Health resources.
Click HERE for Hep C resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment