Friday, February 17, 2012

Feb 16, 2012: Thursday Night = Game Night

Quick post as it is quite late.  Thursday is my splurge day.  I went out with friends for dinner & drinks at a great little Brazilian Grill & Steakhouse.  Dinner was about $25, plus $8 for drink, tax and tip.  The meal included an all-you-can-eat buffet, which offered several healthy choices.  Waitresses then served a wide variety of skewered meats and roasted pineapple table side.  The choices of meats were endless, and included chicken drumsticks, spicy chicken, chicken hearts, turkey wrapped in bacon, Linguica sausage, Parmesan pork, pepper steak, garlic steak, top sirloin, tri tip, pichana, shrimp, etc.  There were so many options and it was fun to sample.  I was well aware of portion sizes and made conscious attempts to keep the portions down to "sample size".  And I decided I did not have to try everything that was offered.  I also made an effort to leave the fattier pieces (& bacon) on my plate.  The food was excellent!  I thoroughly enjoyed this new dining experience.  I would definitely go again.      

After dinner, friends came over for wine, conversation, & game night.  We avoided the usual late night snacks, which was another victory for the weight loss journey.  Who needs to stuff their mouths when they are too busy trying to guess their teammate's "catch phrase" and laughing hysterically at the crazy things that slip out of people's mouths when under pressure.  I so look forward to my Thursday evenings!

After midnight, when the guests were gone, the cats decided it was their turn for games.   


Heading to bed.  Hoping I can get a good workout in on Friday.  

Good night all!      

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to join this site!
Click on the "Join This Site" link on the right hand side, under the heading "Followers".

Read more about the 90-Day Challenge!

Also, don't forget that you can post YOUR GOALS HERE

Click HERE for additional Weight/Nutrition/Health resources.
Click HERE for Hep C resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment