Sunday, February 5, 2012

Feb. 4, 2012: To "Air" is Human,...

I had a divine day!  My brother flew in after a business trip in his 2-seater Eurofox plane.  After lunch, he took me flying around the Central Valley area.  It was an absolutely beautiful day to fly.  I felt so privileged to have that opportunity.  And also privileged to have such a great big brother.  (Actually I have three older brothers, so make that privileged x3!)

The view was spectacular!
Due to Tule Fog, the mountains aren't always visible from where I live.  However, today was an exceptionally clear day.  The photo isn't the best quality, although not the worst for an iPhone from the sky.  (I am looking forward to getting a new digital camera in the very near future.)
As for my eating program, I did start out on the right foot today with the best of intentions: I enjoyed Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal with organic raisins and soy milk for breakfast.  I had the right attitude about staying within the Clean Eating guidelines when my brother & I went out to eat.  We hit a really cool Mexican restaurant that some friends introduced me to.  I could have easily opted for healthier choices, but instead I ate the chips & bean dip/salsa (which was excellent, btw), and had a smothered burrito that was to die for.  So, okay, I chose chicken this time instead of beef, which I consider to be a successful decision in making healthier choices.  I am grateful that I worked into my program a 20% leeway from the Clean Eating regimen.  Habits are hard to break, let me tell you.  It's interesting that I rediscovered something about myself: When I go off track a little during the day, I am more likely to give myself permission to continue staying off the path the rest of the day.  I did get a bit "snacky" in the evening, (okay, more than "a bit") but managed to reel it in.  I also stocked up on some healthy foods this afternoon.
       AND I managed to make a really yummy fruit smoothie,...
with yogurt, ice, bananas, pineapple, coconut oil, vanilla, and soy milk. 
I did not meet every expectation I had for myself today, BUT I DID manage to make healthier choices, and I DID enjoy and savor the day.  That is what life is about, right?  

Did I "err", perhaps, as I wasn't perfect in my program.  At the same time, I have little regrets, because I am working on improving, not on being perfect.  And I really enjoyed my day.   Well, I guess it’s time to call it a night.  Tomorrow is a new day.  Good night all!  



 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to join this site!
Click on the "Join This Site" link on the right hand side, under the heading "Followers".

Read more about the 90-Day Challenge!

Also, don't forget that you can post YOUR GOALS HERE

Click HERE for additional Weight/Nutrition/Health resources.

Click HERE for Hep C resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment