Thursday, February 2, 2012

Feb. 2, 2012: Thursday is my Friday!

Good Start:  My morning routine went well.  I actually managed to get in 8 hours of sleep last night.  That's a first!  I was still tired in the morning, but much better rested than most days.  Breakfast consisted of oatmeal w/raisins, organic soy milk, and coffee.  I take vitamins on a regular basis as well (multi, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, & occasionally milk thistle).  Got off to work on time.  That's a good start for me!


Unexpected Visitor!:  This afternoon when I was working diligently at my desk, I thought someone else came into my office.  I kept hearing noises behind me, as if someone dropped some papers.  Finally, I tracked the noise down to the garbage bin.  Then I saw some papers in the bin move & being the brave clinical & forensic psychologist that I am, I quickly secured backup from the nearest trusted social worker.  She came over to investigate with me.  We waited for a few seconds.  I started to feel silly thinking I had been letting my mind play tricks on me.  Just then a discarded popcorn bag and piece of paper moved.  Sad to say, we screamed and ran out the door, at which time I did the only other logical thing: Got another social worker to come in as backup!  God bless her empathetic heart.  "Poor thing" she said (meaning the mouse, not me).  She came in to make it's rescue.  The mouse, however, rescued itself and was nowhere to be found.  Sigh,... So now there's a mouse in my office somewhere.  That little incident broke up my day.

Spring in My Step:  I felt like I had a little more lift in my step today.  I'm sure that getting good rest and eating right had something to do with the extra boost of energy I had.  For a snack today, I ate baby carrots and an orange.  Lunch consisted of something I already had in my work fridge: Frozen dinner: Amy's Palak Paneer.  If I'm going to eat frozen meals, I prefer Amy's or Kashi.  They tend to be healthier and organic, for the most part.

Thursday is My Friday:  I had dinner with a dear friend tonight.  I am usually off on Fridays.  Thursday is the night typically reserved for getting together with colleagues/friends.  I've decided this will likely be my splurge day.  We decided on Thai.  I ordered a dish with scallops and shrimp, along with brown rice and sake.  I must not have read the ingredients thoroughly, as the scallop dish was in a heavy cream sauce.  It was, for all purposes, a heavenly meal.  Could I have done without the cream sauce?  Well,... yes.  But I enjoyed it.  I took some rice and veggies/shrimp home, but left the rest of the sauce.  I always enjoy my Thursday night outings.  When the bill came, I reached inside my bag and felt sick when I discovered my wallet wasn't there.  I left it at work.  We had a good chuckle over that.  (This could have been really embarrassing.)  Luckily my friend had enough to cover.  At 8:30pm, I dreaded going back to work.  I am employed in a secured treatment setting and my office is a long walk from the gate.  At least I felt good about getting a few extra steps in this evening to partially compensate for the cream sauce.  (There's always a silver lining,...)

Night Cap:  So as I am allowed 2 drinks per week on my program, I may opt for that glass of wine, and settle in and watch my taping of Grey's Anatomy.  All in all, I have to admit, I feel good about the progress I've made in just a few short days.  Like Pele, It's okay to feel content & little proud from time to time.  

    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Don't forget to join this site! Click on the "Join This Site" link on the right hand side, under the heading "Followers".
Also, don't forget that you can post your own goals: Post Your Goals HERE
Click HERE for additional resources.

2 comments:

  1. good for you mary-i would like to join you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent Gale!! Glad to have you join. I think this could be fun! Let's motivate each other.

      Delete