Monday, February 6, 2012

Feb. 6, 2012: Mondays Get on my Nerves!

I'm not a fan of Mondays, but, I suppose it really wasn't as bad as today's blog title suggests.  Rather, in a literal sense, I have a pinched nerve in my back & the pain is radiating down my thigh.  The pain is not so intense that it stops me from functioning, but it's annoying.

I worked late today and had to reschedule my appointment with my trainer for Wednesday.  That, coupled with the issue with my back, was almost my excuse for not hitting the gym.  But I did get there after work and put in 30 minutes of cardio.  I kept thinking how grateful I am that I can physically get to the gym and exercise.  I am mobile.  I feel blessed for that.  Many people are not so fortunate.  We really need to count our blessings and appreciate our health.    

I did well with my eating appropriately, for the most part.  Breakfast = Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal, organic raisins, and almond milk.  Snacks throughout the day: Apple & banana.  Lunch was a bit more challenging: My coworkers put together a lunch gathering for a colleague's birthday.  Unfortunately it was at a Chinese buffet.  I LUV Chinese buffets! But I also know I would struggle to find foods that are "clean" or that aren't soaked in sodium-infused sauces.  I was tempted to decline, but I also know I can't stop living or engaging in social functions because I am trying to change my eating habits.  So who knew there were healthy choices at the buffet?!  Salad, watermelon, cantaloupe, etc.  I had a tiny bit of fried rice, chicken, broccoli, a few spoonfuls of egg drop soup, and hot tea.  It was an enjoyable lunch!  For dinner, I had leftover soup (x2 bowls), plus some hummus and naan.  Now I am feeling a bit "snacky", but am going to drink a large glass of ice water instead of rummaging through the cupboards for something  crunchy.         
Morning comes early and I have a big day at work ahead.  Calling it a night!  Sleep well all! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to join this site!
Click on the "Join This Site" link on the right hand side, under the heading "Followers".

Read more about the 90-Day Challenge!

Also, don't forget that you can post YOUR GOALS HERE

Click HERE for additional Weight/Nutrition/Health resources.

Click HERE for Hep C resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment