Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day Three!

One thing I am trying to do during this first week is just to pay attention and be in the moment; notice how I think, react, and feel to this program.  Mentally, it feels good to be making a positive decision for myself in regards to my dietary habits.  There have been times where I have felt hungry.  Today, for example, around 3:30pm, I battled work stress and physical hunger.  It had been several hours since my Mushroom Risotto lunch and vanilla shake.  I tried one of the Benefit Honey Graham Bars.  That was enough to hold me over until my 7:15pm dinner.  

Tonight's entree was Steak Strips with Red Potatoes and Sauce.  It was not bad.  I'm still partial to the risotto and lasagne.  However, this was a nice change of pace.  It helps to plate the entrees.  They appear more appetizing.  The photo may not make it look so.  You'll have to trust me on this one.  Or decide for yourself.  Would you rather eat the meal below or the one above?
So the result of day three: Success!  I am glad I chose this program.  It is not an easy choice, but it is the right choice for me right now.  I have heard a few negative comments about this type of program from a few people who have never tried it or have not done their research.  It never fails that there will always be people who try to inject their pessimism and negativity.  That's too bad.  I will let their negative comments roll right off of me.  I don't mind the teasing from my close friends, though.  I appreciate their wit and lightheartedness about the situation.  Diets are tough, and it is good to keep a sense of humor!   

Cartoons retrieved from http://www.glennys.com/wp/category/daily-cartoon.
 
Have a restful night!
    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click on the "Join This Site" link on the right hand side of your screen.
Click HERE for additional Weight/Nutrition/Health resources.
Click HERE for Hep C resources.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely vote for the one on the pretty plate! :-) I think this program is a good jump start for you. Better than the jump start I did before joining WW. I took Phentermine. It was great because it took away my appetite and I lost 20 lbs, but it made my heart race and screwed up my sleep. I forgot to mention on your blog yesterday that that took courage to take your food to the restaurant. GFY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your story about Phentermine, Babs. It's great that you lost 20 but not at the expense of such side effects. Heart palpitations/tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, restlessness, and insomnia are certainly not uncommon side effects of that drug (as you unfortunately discovered). I heard about Phentermine during the 90's when it was mixed with Fenfluramine (aka: Fen-Phen). I am sure are aware of that controversy. Fen-Phen was taken off the market in 1997 after 24 cases of heart valve disease discovered in people using this combination drug. Dieters are still searching for that magic pill though, huh?

      Delete