Monday, October 8, 2012

Day One: HMR

Day One of the HMR diet seemed fairly uneventful, other than having a splitting headache.  I did not get much sleep the night before so blame it partially on that, (although I have heard others have had headaches the first few days of the diet).

All in all, it went well.  I started out by switching out the 2% milk that I use to lighten my coffee to a low fat Coffee-mate "Natural Bliss" creamer.  Yes, even 2% milk is off the allowable list right now.  The creamer was an acceptable substitution.  Breakfast consisted of a vanilla shake, coffee, & a vitamin tablet.  Lunch = mushroom risotto entree, which I quite enjoyed, followed by some oatmeal.  Around 4pm, I had another vanilla shake and took a short walk on my break at work.  My evening meal consisted of lasagna with meat sauce.

It wasn't the same as my step-mother's lasagna, (she makes a mean lasagna!), but it will have to do.  I would definitely reorder both the risotto and the lasagna.  I had to do without the wine tonight, although it wasn't really missed.  For an evening snack, I made a vanilla shake blended with ice, cocoa powder, and mint extract.  

That was quite filling and a nice change of pace from the standard vanilla.  I remembered to take my evening vitamin.  I feel full and am ready for bed!  All in all, it was a good day!    

One day down!  Only 69-97 days to go!  (Maybe I shouldn't count!)

Cheers! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want to join this blog?  Click on the "Join This Site" link on the right hand side of your screen.
Click HERE for additional Weight/Nutrition/Health resources.
Click HERE for Hep C resources.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the HMR diet works for you. If you follow it to the letter you should have awesome results. Did you get rid of all the food in your cupboards that isn't on the plan? By the way, I love your car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Babs! Thanks for the comments! I got rid of a lot of the other food but not everything. I figure canned goods and frozen foods are okay to have on hand, as the Phase 1 strict part of this diet is not forever (10-14 weeks). Hopefully there is nothing too tempting around the house though. Thanks for the comment about the car. I am enjoying it! It's much more fun to get positive attention for the car I drive than for attention due to being stranded in the middle of traffic somewhere or for parts falling off the vehicle, lol. Thanks again for your encouragement!

      Delete