Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 14: Not So Deprived,...

Nothing says "diet" like Cheesecake Mousse (lol)!  

I found this one in the HMR Recipe book.  The ingredients call for one packet of HMR 800 Vanilla protein shake mix, 6-8 oz water, 8 ice cubes, and 6 tsp of sugar-free cheesecake pudding mix.  I don't have a food processor so I chopped up the ice as much as I could in the blender with a little water.  Then I added the rest of the ingredients.  This was a bit of a decadent treat as far as diet food is concerned.  

Yesterday evening I tried a new entree I hadn't tasted yet,...
Pasta Fagioli!  At only 210 calories, this "traditional hearty mix of penne pasta, beans, carrots, and tomatoes in a savory brown sauce" made a delicious dinner with just the right mix of textures and flavors!

So I am feeling less in a funk than I was a couple of days ago.  I allowed myself to eat more when I was hungry and reached out for support when feeling like I wanted to throw in the towel.  Today I am once again feeling pretty positive about this program, and about making healthy choices for myself.

I wanted to share a few inspirational videos from YouTube re: testimonials:

Karen Johnson, a nurse at Bellin Hospital (WI), lost 73 lbs and cut her cholesterol numbers in about half! 

She no longer takes cholesterol medicines.  Her advice to others: "You have to take care of yourself.  Put yourself forward and in the front.  The more you're able to take care of yourself, the more everything else falls into place." 

Nat, age 42 years, had a heart attack at 38 years of age.  He lost a total of 70 lbs on the HMR program over the course of 4 months, and successfully avoided weight loss surgery.



Michelle also lost 73 pounds:


Teenager, Kyle, lost over 80 pounds:


Finally, Tim lost 186 pounds in 14 months.  He is no longer borderline diabetic and no longer has to use his sleep apnea machine:


I hope these videos are inspirational for anyone considering the program.  (They inspired me!)  Well, I am off to have some lunch and then get some physical activity points in.  It looks like a beautiful 70 degree day in the Central Valley area and I am going to take advantage of this weather!

Have a peaceful Sunday! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click on the link on the right upper hand side of your screen to join this site.
Click HERE for additional Weight/Nutrition/Health resources.
Click HERE for Hep C resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment