Saturday, January 28, 2012

2 Days and Counting,... (What is Clean Eating?)

So Monday evening I will begin my program with an official weigh-in at my gym.  I will then have a 30 minute workout w/my personal trainer.  Tuesday my plan is to incorporate Clean Eating habits into my diet.  Again, if I can eat clean 80% of the time during the week, I will consider this a success.  I am avoiding extreme changes purposely.  I want to make changes that I am able to sustain.

 What is Clean Eating?  It's basically eating more natural, whole, healthy foods & less processed foods.  It involves eating lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats.  Similar to some of the changes Jamie Oliver is trying to make in the U.S. school systems, clean eating involves making decisions to fuel our bodies with healthy foods and not cheap, over processed junk that won't sustain us.  It involves learning about foods that will keep our blood sugars in check, fight off hunger and lethargy, and build & boost our bodies own natural immunities against cancers and diseases.  Tosca Reno published some useful resources on the lifestyle in her Eat-Clean Diet book and website.  For additional information, see the links on my Weight, Nutrition & Health page.

I am off to the Farmer's Market to stock up on healthy foods!


2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Especially love it that you aren't planning on doing anything extreme. You are making it doable. I'm working on that as well. Eating clean and being okay with a slow weight loss. When I go extreme and lose to quickly, I always gain it back and sometimes a little extra....babs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I agree, re: making it doable. We're in this for the long haul, after all. Thanks for the support, Babs!

      Delete