Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 5: Pound per day loss!

I am enjoying my day off, getting errands done, and now sitting at my computer with my afternoon cup of coffee.  I started a new work schedule: Friday - Monday, which seems to work out well.  This allows time for me to get things done during the week when businesses are open, such as getting a 2nd estimate on my car.  Yes, my "new" Mazda suffered its first set of bumps, scrapes, and dents.  That first one really hurt, let me tell you.  It will be good to get that vehicle back in "like new" shape!  Of course, I resonate with the comparison of our health to how we treat our favorite vehicles.  It is time for me to get back on track with treating both with utmost care.  Our bodies require the best fuel to keep it running optimally, routine maintenance inspections, alignments and adjustments from time to time, and a good and frequent polish and buff! 

DAY 5:  Today marks my fifth day of being on the HMR Healthy Decisions (Phase I) plan.  What I luv most about this program over the Decision Free program that I was on previously, is that this plan allows for adding fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables.  This just feels better!  Decision Free is a great program for someone who needs to lose a lot of weight in a fairly short (but not unreasonable) amount of time, without surgery, in a safe, medically monitored way.  It served its purpose well when I was on it, but I am ready to move on.  I love my vegetables, salads especially, and fresh fruits.  I enjoy adding mixed frozen berries to my protein shakes, which makes for a really tasty smoothie! 
ANOTHER BENEFIT:  I do not need to attend weekly medical appointments as was required on the HMR Decision Free program.  That is convenient.  Support meetings are held once per week by phone, and program materials are shipped to me directly.  I think this will fit in really well with my current lifestyle!   

RESULTS:  Weigh in day is Wednesday.  I lost 5.2 lbs in the first 4 days.  Granted, this is probably mostly water weight and the loss will slow down significanlty.  However, the benefit of a healthy weight loss like this early on is the motivation factor.  I am very happy!  When I first began my HMR program in October of 2012, I had already been maintaining a 30 lb weight loss.  At that time, my scale read 213.9.  On 5/23/13, my weight was down to 153.4 (60+ lb loss on HMR). Since I moved up to the northern part of the state and went off the program, I gained nearly 30 lbs back; Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed the behaviors that led to every added pound.  But I am not enjoying how it looks on me or how my clothes fit, and know that it would be way too easy to gain it all back if I don't grab the reigns now.  On Saturday, I weighed in at 183.8.  Today's scale reads 178.6.  On my way back down and it feels good!              

So that's the update!  Will continue to try and post at least a couple times per month, if not more.  Thanks everyone for the support!  Have a fantastic, healthy, happy day!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click HERE for additional Weight/Nutrition/Health resources.
Click HERE for Hep C resources.

3 comments:

  1. That is a remarkable start! I'm glad you are back! It has to be easier to have a few "real foods" in there.
    I Know that I will Always be doing WW, just bc I have tried to 'eat normal' and I gain wt. So I don't think that will happen for me. Like an Alcoholic that thinks they can keep off booze, if they stop going to meetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn: Thanks for your reply. I wholeheartedly agree re: having some additional "real" or whole foods. That helps a lot.

      I'm glad you found a program that works for you! And yes, for some alcoholics, their recovery = going to meetings. Others stay sober via another means. I think my point is that everyone needs to find whatever program is going to work best for them, and stick to it.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Glad you put a halt to the weight gain and have started out with a great loss. Bet it feels more livable being able to eat fruit and veggies. You go, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete